Situations may arise when kids are unaccompanied during their travel and they are needed to travel alone due to several reasons. In the U.S. kids who have reached the age of 5 are allowed to travel alone categorizing them as unaccompanied. There are many possible risks in their travel and if we follow certain precautionary travel tips for kids it would prove to be a safer travel for them.
Importance of travel tips for kids
Travel tips for kids are important because unaccompanied kids need lot of attention as they travel alone. It is most essential to overcome the risks involved for kids in their travel. The tips discussed here are pertained both to the kids and the parents involved in the solo travel. It is mainly the responsibility of the parent to prepare the kids while they are travelling alone.
Safe travel tips for kids
When parents are allowing their kids to travel alone they need to follow up certain things using these tips in their travel. Here are some of those travel tips for kids:
- Airports check-in tips – It is a necessary tip to produce the right details about the child to the Airlines authority. Provide clear information about the child, travel documents and the details of the person who is going to take care of the child once the child reaches the destination.
- Age of the child involved in the solo travel – The age of the kid is a considerable point to be noted as the child’s age determines whether he or she can travel accordongly where change of flights is unavoidable. If the kid is not mature enough to travel in this circumstances, it is advisable to travel in direct plane to reach their destination.
- Advice for the person who picks the child at destination point – The person who is going to receive the child at the destination should be aware of the information about the kid. If the child is mature to contact the person on its own, it is fare to provide the contact information of the pickup person in case of any emergencies.
- Tips for the kids – It would be a frightening experience both for the kid as well as the parent while a kid is traveling alone. To avoid this, make sure the child is aware of the purpose and procedures in the travel. Among the travel tips for kids it is crucial to ensure that the kid is educated well about the travel.
- Take care of the kid’s food and sleep during its travel – Make them comfortable to believe they will be safe at any point of time during their travel. Prepare them to face the situations of flight delay or cancellation of flights to avoid them getting panic during these situations.
- Safety measures towards a sick child – If the child has any previous medical history and is suffering from any illness or allergies, it is important to instruct the caretakers in the flight to give extra care to the kid.
- Make the child get introduced with the care taker – The child should be introduced to the attendant or care taker in the flight who is responsible for the complete flight journey until the kid reaches the destination. It also makes the child become stress free and feel comfortable during their travel. The attendant may take care of the procedures involved during shifting of planes if suppose the travel includes change of flights.