Air China Planning to Operate Mumbai-Shanghai Daily Flights

0 Flares 0 Flares ×

China’s national air carrier, Air China and a Star Alliance Service GmbH member is looking forward in operating daily flights between Shanghai and Mumbai.

Presently, Air China flies to 3 Indian destinations – Mumbai, Bengaluru and Delhi, with 11 flights per week (4 each from Delhi and Mumbai and 3 from Bengaluru). Air China, additionally is planning to increase the flight-frequency to 4 times on Bengaluru-Chendu route.

Air China

At an event in Mumbai, Air China Mumbai’s GM, Tang Zhongling, was quoted in saying that Air China is quite happy with its performance in Mumbai and the welcome is quite overwhelming. Due to the growth in the passenger load, it has encouraged them to increase the flights between India and other Chinese cities.

He also added that on the Mumbai-Shanghai route, the average load is 85%, with 65% of it being business traffic and the other 35% being leisure and friendly visits. The present bilateral rights between the two countries permit them to increase their flights.

However, the company is doing a thorough market study before adding further flights and also studying the aircraft’s availability. But as far as the Bengaluru-Chendu flight route is concerned, they will be adding one more within this year to make it 4 in total.

 

0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 StumbleUpon 0 0 Flares ×