Travelling alone can be a great learning experience as well as a lifetime opportunity for many. Before one heads to a place without any plan, one needs to consider some points regarding the advantages and disadvantages that travelling alone holds. Listed below are some of the pros and cons of travelling alone that you should be aware of to have a good trip to remember.
Pros of travelling alone
1. The biggest and foremost advantage of travelling alone is that it gives you the freedom to do anything that you want. You don’t have to abide by any other person’s schedule or to compromise one’s own plan in regards to others. The whole decision-making process is made alone and not to be done according to the needs or wants of the other people.
2. It gives the opportunity to be self-indulgent as there will be no one to tug the elbows or someone else getting annoyed because one has decided to spend some more time in appreciating the nature.
3. In travelling alone, one only needs to search for a single seat or one bedroom in a hotel which makes the availability of certain things quite easy.
4. One of the biggest advantages of travelling alone is getting the chance to meet new people and making friends on the way, which is not that easy when one is travelling in a group. Your experience gets immensely enriched in the company of these people, who represent the very best side of human nature.
5. What makes travelling alone all the more pleasurable is the amount of confidence and experience that you gather during a trip. You learn quickly to adapt yourself to any situation, which results in making a far better and happy person than you were before. You also get to meet and love people all over which helps in growing spiritually.
Cons of travelling alone
1. The biggest disadvantage of travelling alone is that it raises the question of one’s safety irrespective of the gender, though women are more likely to face the danger if they are taken outside their comfort zone. The most important thing one can do before visiting some foreign land is to research as much as possible in advance regarding the place so that one gets to know the place like his/her own neighbourhood. Though research works are theoretical and one never knows what awaits there, but some precautionary measures can easily be taken before-hand.
2. A sense of loneliness is inevitably to occur in an extended trip. Also, when you hit the road, you will find it difficult to redefine yourself as you will be missing your society and friends who help in creating an image of yourself. You can get rid of this lonely feeling by simply interacting with anyone you gets a chance to meet with. People are same all over, no matter what they look or how different is their culture, which provides enough opportunity to make new connections all over.