We have already assessed that Chamonix possesses some of the best skiing in the world. So now let us turn our attention to the pastime of après-skiing – which is, for many, an equally important component to a luxury ski holiday.
And those who have booked one of our Hip Chalets this year have struck lucky, we believe, as Chamonix boasts some of the best après-skiing of all the European ski resorts.
With more than 100 bars and restaurants and several night clubs, the resort is renowned as something of a party town. But you don’t have to go mad every night, as there are plenty of quiet or sophisticated lounge bars too. Whether you are young or old, whether you like loud, brightly-lit venues or quiet, candle-lit bars, you are in for a treat.
Below is a guide to some of the best bars which we have put together for clients staying in one of our top end chalets in Chamonix this year:
- Chambre Neuf is Chamonix’s default après ski bar. There may be new pretenders to the throne, but for live music and dancing on the tables Chambre Neuf remains very popular.
- Le Choucas is another hugely popular après ski bar, with two video walls showing Extreme Sports, Skiing, Snowboarding and Roller Blading.
- Le Privilege welcomes a slightly more genteel crowd who flock to the relaxed, rustic-chic venue with table service and live acoustic music.
- Le Clubhouse has lots of comfy sofas in which to sink into after a day on the slopes, and a great choice of cocktails to work your way through before heading back to your skiing chalet in Chamonix for supper.
- For really classy après skiing head to the Quartz Bar in the equally exclusive Hameau Albert 1er Hotel. Here you can sip excellent wine, champagne or cocktails to live music in sumptuous surroundings.